This policy applies to Teleprompter Premium, Video Teleprompter, Soundboard Studio, Green Screen Pro, CloudPrompter and Auto Captions.
What types of data are collected?
We collect basic usage data such as how many people use our apps. Also, some of our apps have the option to create a “CloudPrompter” account. If you decide to create an account (this is entirely optional), your name and email address is also stored and processed by us for your account, allowing you to log in and reset your password for example. This information belongs to you, we never share this data (other than where we need to to make our service work), and it’s stored and processed very securely.
If you have a CloudPromtper account, you also have the option to synchronise your scripts automatically between your devices, we call this “Cloud Sync”. If you have Cloud Sync enabled (this is entirely optional), your scripts (and settings associated with each of them) are stored and processed by us for the purpose of synchronising your scripts automatically between your devices. Some other backend information is also processed to make sure the synchronisation happens properly. This information belongs to you, we never share this data, and it’s stored and processed very securely.
While it’s necessary for us to collect what’s called an “Advertising ID”, we DO NOT use, store, share or process any of your data for advertising purposes in any way.
How is my data used?
Your information is only ever used for the following purposes:
- For your account (if you have one), allowing you to log in and reset your password.
- For Cloud Sync (if you have it enabled), to synchronise your scripts, settings and video thumbnails automatically between your devices.
- For basic usage analytics, such as how many people are using our apps, in which country and for how long.
- For crash analytics, to understand how and why our apps are crashing if there’s an issue.
- To send a “welcome” email to you, or notify you about important updates or our other products. We never send spam, everybody hates that.
Your information and data is not used for any other purposes.
What control do I have?
At any time, you have lots of control of your data and how it is processed and stored by us:
- You may delete your CloudPrompter account entirely at any time within our apps that support CloudPrompter. This deletes your account information, and all Cloud Sync information.
- You may unsubscribe from all emails from us with a single click from within any email you receive from us.
- You may contact us at any time and request that your information is deleted.
- You may contact us at any time and request details about what information we have stored about you.
Who do you share data with?
We process your data using various different services. It’s important to understand that while we share your data with these services, we DO NOT give these services ownership of your data, and they CANNOT use your data for their own purposes or benefit. We only share your information for the purposes listed in the “How is my data used?” section above. We use the following services to process your data:
- Google Firebase – For CloudPrompter, Cloud Sync and basic usage analytics.
- MailChimp – For sending an email to you, or notifying you about important updates or our other products.
- Zendesk – For dealing with any support requests you might send us.
Sometimes, we may be required to share data with legal authorities to help prevent fraud or crime. We are legally obliged to share this data when requested.
Your information is always secure and never shared other than where we need to in order to deliver our services to you.
- Your information and data is not a product that we sell
- Your information and data is not used for advertising
- Your information and data is not something that we share or publish
- Your information and data is always secure
- Your information and data is always in your control. Just contact us and we will help you out! 👍
Our order process for Mac Control is conducted by our online reseller Paddle.com. Paddle.com is the Merchant of Record for all our orders. Paddle provides all customer service inquiries and handles returns.