2015 has been my most successful year ever both generally in business, and in terms of App Store sales. Teleprompter Premium and Video Teleprompter have both been very successful, and I’m proud of the positive impact that both products are making on so many different people’s work and projects.
- Total App Store revenue in 2015: $105,000
- Total App Store royalties: $69,100
- Best month: September
($16,800 in total sales with $11,000 in total royalties)
- Best day: 8th September
($3,790 in total sales with $2,470 in total royalties)
- Teleprompter Lite: 93,000 downloads – $0 royalties
- Video Teleprompter Lite: 8,510 downloads – $0 royalties
- Teleprompter Premium: 9,000 downloads – $50,900 royalties
- Video Teleprompter Premium: 2,630 downloads – $12,900 royalties
2016 Plans and Predictions
In early 2016 I’ll be launching my new app Soundboard Studio, it’s a very exciting project and I have some very high expectations for revenue from Soundboard Studio alone.
My overall goal for 2016 is to double revenue.
Teleprompter Premium and Video Teleprompter
I expect Teleprompter Premium and Video Teleprompter combined to earn around $110,000 in royalties for 2016. This is about 45% higher than 2015, but represents a conservative average for the last several weeks extended over one year. Teleprompter Premium had a lower price for much of 2015, and Video Teleprompter was only introduced in September.
Much like when I was setting my revenue goals for Video Teleprompter back in August, it’s very difficult to estimate how customers are going to react to a new product…
Soundboard Studio is certainly a very exciting product, and I’ll be pricing it at an ambitious $29.99, with an introductory $10 discount for the first 48 hours.
With a launch price much higher than I’ve ever done before, it’s even more difficult to estimate an accurate number of launch buyers, but I feel it’s worth sharing what kind of numbers I would consider as a successful launch:
- If I generate royalties lower than $4,000 for the launch, I will consider the launch to have performed poorly. This is about 285 units to sell.
- If I generate royalties around $10,000 for the launch, I will consider the launch to have been successful. This is about 714 units to sell.
- If just 3% of my existing audience buy, that will be 2,234 units… That number of sales would generate over $31,000 in royalties.
Additionally, I’m working towards Soundboard Studio generating around $4,000 to $5,000 in royalties per month after the launch, this is about 50% of what Teleprompter Premium and Video Teleprompter combined currently earn each month.
It’s also worth considering that Video Teleprompter sold 944 units during the 48-hour launch offer, and continues to sell around 500 units per month. If Soundboard Studio were to launch and continue to sell with identical numbers, it would generate around $13,000 in royalties during the launch and a further $10,000 in royalties every month. I do however have to consider the substantial price difference, as well as consider the difference between my existing audience and the audience that would buy Soundboard Studio.
I want to hear about your year…
Post a comment below about your 2015 and your plans for 2016, it will be really interesting for me and other readers. 🙂